5 Basics of Vacation Security for Your House
Today’s blog is a simple one. It is a basic reminder about your home and vacation security. It is a good idea to take a few steps so that it is less noticeable to the casual observer that your house is empty for an extended period.
1. Here are 5 small changes you can make that will have a big impact
Trash – Ask a neighbor to put out some trash in front of your place on garbage collection day. No trash means you aren’t home to create garbage to be thrown away.
2. Packages – Packages are a twofold threat. Left on the doorstep for days, they are a red flag announcing no one is home. Second, they are a tempting crime of opportunity. Anyone can see them and steal them front your front porch. Place orders so that items won’t arrive until you return or else ask a neighbor to watch out for deliveries.
3. Lights on – A few timers set to turn on lights in a pattern that reflects normal nighttime habitation takes a few minutes, but is worth it.
4. Leave a radio on – A silent house is an empty house.
5. Mail and papers – Fewer people get newspapers delivered today, but mail still arrives. Schedule a suspension of mail and papers, or ask someone to collect these daily for you.
These are 5 quick tips that take very little time but eliminate the biggest signs to everyone that you’ve left town for a while.
Contact us at LockPro Security
“Luc from Lock Pro installed 2 deadbolts and rekeyed my locks for me after a scary incident on the weekend. He arrived at my house within an hour of my call and was professional and efficient, he knew what he was doing and did exceptional work. I absolutely recommend him to anyone needing locksmith services, I know he will be the one I call next time I need anything done with my locks.”
– Danette Starblanket
“Amazing! Made my stressful situation so much better. I called and within half hour they were at my front door step. Took less than ten minutes and my locks of my house were all changed. Was expecting to pay a solid chunk of coin too but was surprised by how cheap it was. Would recommend these guys to all my friends!”
– Dougie Parker
“I just had Luc come by today. What a great guy, great workmanship and great service! I would recommend this company to others.”
– Stacey Schneider
“Luc showed up early,answered all our questions, and did a professional job on our new door knob and deadbolt. Very impressed and would highly recommend this company!”
– Terry Klein
“Excellent service and the quality of his professionalism and workmanship is beyond reproach. Service was courteous, prompt, and exacting. Will continue to be the go to person for my home and properties. Highly recommended.”
– Rona Ramsay
“We called and he was here in less than 20 mins. He was extremely friendly and helpful and fixed our door/lock that we hadn’t managed to have anyone fix in years! Definitely support this guy and his business as he knows his stuff and is very affordable!”
– Allyssa Danchak
“He is sooo Awesome and very honest with me!! Perfection and exceptional service!! Friendly, prompt and very knowledgeable and very professional!! I had a previous locksmith who charged triple the price and a lousy job!! I will most definitely recommend this exceptional service to everyone! LOCKPRO SECURITY you’re the BEST!! Thanks sooo much!!”
– Wendy Joan
“Lockpro was so efficient and professional. They helped me understand how to lock up securely and safely. I would highly recommend using Lockpro Security for all you home and business needs”